P. Maurer's Website, DGL, FHDL, Education, Research
Instructor: Prof. Peter M. Maurer
Text: Component-Level Programming, Peter M. Maurer, Prentice Hall, 2003, ISBN 0-13-045804-X.
This course will cover component-level design and programming. The aim of the course is to provide a foundation in the design of component-based programs, starting from requirements through final development.
There will be several MS Windows programming exercises written in a combination of C++ and Visual Basic. Most programs will have a graphical component.
The following topics will be covered:
1. Introduction to components
2. A survey of component technologies
3. Component-Based Application Design
4. Component Categorization
5. Implementation of components, especially ActiveX.
6. Design Methodologies for various types of components, including Models, Editors, Filters, and Serializers.
7. Embedding applications in web pages.